"Victory Lap" Trip Preview!
As many of you know, I've just graduated with my doctorate!
As a little gift to myself, I've combined the planned UT Choirs tour to Italy within a little trip I'm calling the "Victory Lap" and I am planning to blog about it extensively.
The trip will include Calgary and Banff, Italy, Lugano, NYC, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City and environs, Miami, Havana, and Chicago! Wheels up in Austin on Sunday, June 2! Hope you'll enjoy it!
I made a map of my destinations that you can check out!
Here are some highlights!
- A short visit to Calgary, including dinner at the VERY Canadian Deane House and a look at the new Delta Sky Club in Austin.
- Banff National Park in Alberta and a review of my FIRST EVER Boeing Dreamliner flight from Calgary to London on WestJet.
- A culinary, sightseeing, and musical tour of Italy, including updates from Rome, Assisi, Florence, Verona, and Venice.
- A day's visit to Lugano, Switzerland, complete with my first C-Series flight, a review of the SWISS Senator Lounge in Zürich, and lakeside dining at Arté al Lago.
- A review of my Emirates business class A380 flight from Milan to New York City, and a report on my stay at the TWA Hotel at JFK (sooooo excited for this).
- A dinner in New York City, hopefully at Eleven Madison Park, the top of my bucket list!
- Some tips for perfect tri-tip from my buddy Ryan Troughton, a master of the grill, and a look at my second ever Dreamliner flight in United Polaris from Newark to Los Angeles.
- A dinner selection (TBD) from the first Michelin Guide of Los Angeles in years, and lunch at Nobu in Malibu.
- Santa Barbara wine tasting, including a visit to a fishing boat for fresh-cracked sea urchin.
- A review of a restaurant in Las Vegas as well as a look at the Park MGM, the refreshed Monte Carlo on the Las Vegas strip.
- At least one restaurant review during my weeklong stay in my native Salt Lake City, and my triumphant return to Delta loyalty.
- A review of American Airlines' flagship business class on the 777-300ER from LAX to Miami (my first flight on AA in over three years), including a look at the AA Flagship Lounge at LAX and the fabulous Miami Beach EDITION.
- A little tour of my first visit to Miami, including a brunch at Stubborn Seed and my test drive of AA's infamous "Oasis" product on their 737s.
- Havana with Georgia. Cigars, old cars, mojitos, and Cuban food. Drooooool.
- A quick jaunt to Chicago with the fam, and the conclusion of my little affair with United.
Wow, typing all that got me even more excited for this trip! Hope you'll stay tuned!